10 Benefits to Drinking Warm Lemon Water Every Morning
1) Aids Digestion. Lemon juice flushes out unwanted materials and toxins from the body. It’s atomic composition is similar to saliva and the hydrochloric acid of digestive juices. It encourages the liver to produce bile which is an acid that is required for digestion. Lemons are also high in minerals and vitamins and help loosen ama, or toxins, in the digestive tract. The digestive qualities of lemon juice help to relieve symptoms of indigestion, such as heartburn, belching and bloating. The American Cancer Society actually recommends offering warm lemon water to cancer sufferers to help stimulate bowel movements.
2) Cleanses Your System / is a Diuretic. Lemon juice helps flush out unwanted materials in part because lemons increase the rate of urination in the body. Therefore toxins are released at a faster rate which helps keep your urinary tract healthy. The citric acid in lemons helps maximize enzyme function, which stimulates the liver and aids in detoxification.
3) Boosts Your Immune System. Lemons are high in vitamin C, which is great for fighting colds. They’re high in potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve function. Potassium also helps control blood pressure. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) found in lemons demonstrates anti-inflammatory effects, and is used as complementary support for asthma and other respiratory symptoms plus it enhances iron absorption in the body; iron plays an important role in immune function. Lemons also contain saponins, which show antimicrobial properties that may help keep cold and flu at bay. Lemons also reduce the amount of phlegm produced by the body.
4) Balances pH Levels. Lemons are one of the most alkalizing foods for the body. Sure, they are acidic on their own, but inside our bodies they’re alkaline (the citric acid does not create acidity in the body once metabolized). Lemons contain both citric and ascorbic acid, weak acids easily metabolized from the body allowing the mineral content of lemons to help alkalize the blood. Disease states only occur when the body pH is acidic. Drinking lemon water regularly can help to remove overall acidity in the body, including uric acid in the joints, which is one of the primary causes of pain and inflammation.
5) Clears Skin. The vitamin C component as well as other antioxidants helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes and it helps to combat free radical damage. Vitamin C is vital for healthy glowing skin while its alkaline nature kills some types of bacteria known to cause acne. It can actually be applied directly to scars or age spots to help reduce their appearance. Since lemon water purges toxins from your blood, it would also be helping to keep your skin clear of blemishes from the inside out. The vitamin C contained in the lemon rejuvenates the skin from within your body.
6) Energizes You and Enhances Your Mood. The energy a human receives from food comes from the atoms and molecules in your food. A reaction occurs when the positive charged ions from food enter the digestive tract and interact with the negative charged enzymes. Lemon is one of the few foods that contain more negative charged ions, providing your body with more energy when it enters the digestive tract. The scent of lemon also has mood enhancing and energizing properties. The smell of lemon juice can brighten your mood and help clear your mind. Lemon can also help reduce anxiety and depression.
7) Promotes Healing. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C), found in abundance in lemons, promotes wound healing, and is an essential nutrient in the maintenance of healthy bones, connective tissue, and cartilage. As noted previously, vitamin C also displays anti-inflammatory properties. Combined, vitamin C is an essential nutrient in the maintenance of good health and recovery from stress and injury.
8) Freshens Breath. Besides fresher breath, lemons have been known to help relieve tooth pain and gingivitis. Be aware that citric acid can erode tooth enamel, so you should be mindful of this. No not brush your teeth just after drinking your lemon water. It is best to brush your teeth first, then drink your lemon water, or wait a significant amount of time after to brush your teeth. Additionally, you can rinse your mouth with purified water after you finish your lemon water.
9) Hydrates Your Lymph System. Warm water and lemon juice supports the immune system by hydrating and replacing fluids lost by your body. When your body is deprived of water, you can definitely feel the side effects, which include: feeling tired, sluggish, decreased immune function, constipation, lack of energy, low/high blood pressure, lack of sleep, lack of mental clarity and feeling stressed, just to name a few.
10) Aids in Weight Loss. Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings. Studies have shown people who maintain a more alkaline diet, do in fact lose weight faster. I personally find myself making better choices throughout the day, if I start my day off right, by making a health conscious choice to drink warm lemon water first thing every morning.
Apple cider vinegar has been used for several centuries across the world. It is well known as a natural remedy for all kinds of health ailments. It is said that Hippocrates considered apple cider vinegar his favourite go-to solution for all kinds of ailments. Even Christopher Columbus and Captain James Cook were known to voyage with barrels of Apple Cider Vinegar to help prevent scurvy. The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are plenty.
These days, many Indians have started introducing apple cider vinegar into their kitchens. Here is why you should have apple cider vinegar in your kitchen. But there is still quite a bit of apprehension among many Indians regarding its usage.
Rajneesh Bhasin, MD, Borges India, busts some popular apple cider vinegar myths:
Myth #1: Apple Cider Vinegar shouldn’t be consumed because of its high acidic nature
Yes, you must avoid consuming raw apple cider vinegar. It should be diluted with water before consumption. You should ideally dilute 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. The presence of acetic acid in the vinegar helps balance the pH level of the stomach, thus helping to improve digestion and mineral absorption in the body.
Myth #2: Consumption of apple cider vinegar can lead to acidity
On the contrary, it has a reverse phenomena. ACV is highly recommended for the people suffering from acidity and acid reflux. It aids in digestion and break down of fats, thus curing acid reflux. In fact, 1 tbsp of ACV with the mother in a glass of water each time before meal is suggested for curing acid reflux.
Myth #3: Having just Apple Cider Vinegar can help reduce weight
Many people turn to apple cider vinegar as a miracle weight loss tool. ACV with the mother is known to help many people achieve significant weight loss because it makes you feel full without much intake of calories. It also helps better digestion and reduces body fat. As a matter of fact, a study published in 2005 in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association found that when vinegar is consumed with a meal, calorie consumption for that day drops by 200 to 275 calories. But remember that daily consumption of ACV with the mother has to be coupled with healthy diet and lifestyle to see better and faster results in terms of weight loss. This is the right way to use apple cider vinegar for acidity, weight loss and diabetes.
Myth #4: Apple Cider Vinegar tastes unpleasant and cannot be used in cooking
Whether the taste is good or not is subjective. It does have a pungent smell but the taste of apple in the vinegar lessens its pungency. One can use it for multiple purposes in cooking — as a salad dressing (with olive oil and seasoning), as a healthy drink (with honey, cinnamon, lemon etc.), as a preservative (in pickles, jams and chutneys) etc.
Thanks Diane C. Brown, I love new information.
Eden's BBQ SAUCE
Eden's Cherry Hot Sauce
getting ready for the summer of fun, with our all new products.....
The health benefits of spinach include improved eyesight, healthy blood pressure, stronger muscles, the prevention of age-related macular degeneration (AMD), cataracts, atherosclerosis, heart attacks, neurological benefits, bone mineralization, anti-ulcerative and anti-cancerous benefits, skin protection, healthy fetal development, and boosted growth for infants.
Cayenne Pepper help ease upset stomach, ulcer, sore throats, irritating coughs, and diarrhea, cayenne pepper aids in breaking up and moving congested mucus
help relieve allergies
useful for blood cloths
support weight loss
promotes heart health
remedy for toothache
thanks to all our customers, because of you we ended 2015 with great success.....
is so good for you that it's even got some researchers raving.
It's the healthiest thing I can think of to drink, says Christopher Ochner, PhD. He's a research scientists in nutrition at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital.
Green tea has been shown to improve blood flow and lower cholesterol.
good for the heart and brain
helps with memory
helps to keep blood sugar stable in people with diabetes
help lower cholesterol
MEET US FACE TO FACE AT FONDY FARMER MARKET LOCATED 2200 WEST FOND DU LAC AVE. ACROSS FROM MILWAUKEE MALL. JULY 25, 2015 FROM 9AM- 3PM....AND TRY OUR NEW TACO BEAN DIP/SOUP, THIS IS A MUST TRY.....TIME TO GET HEALTHY, EAT BETTER SO THAT WE MAY LIVE LONGER...
10 Health Benefits of Banana
1. helps who wants to quit smoking
2. can boost brain power
3. relieves menstrual cramps
4. prevents anemia
5. promote healthy bones
6. reduce depression
7. reduce itchy mosquito bites
8. lower risk of heart disease and hypertension
9. regulate bowel movement
10. helps people with ulcer
with all that being said, we have banana inside our plentiful protein drink.......
Grapefruit juice is a healthy source of vitamins and minerals. It provides vitamins A and C and is a good source of potassium.
Natural Ingredients Aren't Always Better Than Artificial Ingredients
Natural and artificial ingredients are both used to add (or preserve) flavor, color, and texture. They may also be used to fortify processed foods with additional vitamins and minerals or other nutrients.
According to the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), natural ingredients are derived from natural sources. You might see ingredients such as beet powder, lecithin, garlic powder, black pepper, spices or vitamin C; all of which have been extracted from plants.
“The king of the fruits," mango fruit is one of the most popular, nutritionally rich fruits with unique flavor, fragrance, taste, and heath promoting qualities, making it numero-uno among new functional foods, often labeled as “super fruits."
Mango is one of the delicious seasonal fruits grown in the tropics. The tree is believed to be originating in the sub-Himalayan plains of Indian subcontinent. Botanically, this exotic fruit belongs within the family of Anacardiaceae, a family that also includes numerous species of tropical-fruiting trees in the flowering plants such as cashew, pistachio,...etc.
Get the facts on carbs and other nutrients. Find resources on the "macronutrients" in your diet - carbohydrates, proteins, fats, and fiber.
it's important to watch what we eat.....